Fencing provides protection and security to one’s property and so it is a commonly used technique. Beauty is imparted in ones garden due to it. Fencing can be done anywhere; it can also be your private areas like personal ranch, swimming pool, dog kennel, horse stable, etc. You should consider fencing in order to ensure protection and security of your children and pets. Cedar fences are generally more preferred by the home owners as there are no chemicals added to the wood because cedar wood is not pressure treated. Therefore it helps in resisting decay, insects or even weather related problems. High quality cedar wood is able to hold up against the elements, when used above ground. Cedar has a red quality look which will make your fences look attractive and will even maintain its color for the majority of its lifespan. Cedar wood should be used as the fencing planks is the best choice.
Cedar wood has some great advantages which makes it an ideal material for fence construction.
5 Advantages of choosing Cedar fence are:
1. Durability: Due to the properties of cedar wood it is much more durable than any other type of wood. Since fences are exposed to the elements, as the time passes by the wood fences will rot and decay and eventually need to be replaced. But Cedar fences lasts considerably longer and sometimes even twice as log as other wood types. In humid climate also it is long lasting. Cedar wood is also more resistant to wood diseases which can destroy your fence.
2. Appearance: A naturally attractive type of wood is what cedar is. It comes in colors ranging from the white of the Northern White Cedar to the reddish-brown of the Western Red Cedar. The texture and color of the cedar wood remains constant as cedar is resistant to diseases and rot, without requiring much upkeep, for a long span of time than any other type of wood. You can customize the color of your fence as they look good when stained.
3. Scent: Cedar fences give a strong woody scent which is immediately identifiable as a quality wood product. It is noticeable by anyone who comes in contact with the fence that it stays slightly aromatic. Sometimes these scents are also helpful in keeping the insects away. Since insects are naturally repelled by the scent of the wood, owners don’t have to worry as much about infestations.
4. Weight and Strength: Cedar is a strong material which is good at keeping its shape and not bending or warping over time. One or two people to be able to install the fence with ease as cedar is also lighter than many other types of wood.
5. Chemical Free: Without any dangerous chemicals infused, cedar will give you almost the same protection as this pressure-treated lumber or as any other pressurized wood.
Thus, Cedar fence provides you a lot of benefits from durability to its strength and proves to be better than any other type of wood.