Cedar decking is certainly a popular choice as cedar is a beautiful decking material. Rather than just the advantages of wood itself, cedar has many other more advantages. There’s just something about cedar: The varying grain patterns, the rich color, and the lovely distinctive fragrance which can make you want to inhale deeply. A cedar deck is an unbeatable choice for sheer visual appeal and pride of ownership. But beyond this, cedar decking offers other unique advantages for the commercial contractor as well as the do-it-yourself plans of deck.
5 reasons why is beneficial:
* The cedar trees grow in the Pacific Northwest of North America. Here the weather is damp and trees grown in this area develop self-protective qualities that do not allow the tree to rot, temperature related stresses are resisted and insects related problems are also fended off. This makes cedar wood very useful as home building material where temperature, cracking and humidity are amongst the common problems.
* A remarkable dimensional stability is obtained if do . This means that despite humidity, weather, or temperature conditions the wood doesn’t change its size or dimension. There are many woods which will warp when subjected to moisture but the cedar wood stays flat and straight.
* There are many decks which are of clear cedar wood, they can be painted and stained so that they do not lose their beautiful grained appearance. If it is painted expertly under correct conditions then the cedar wood will retain the grain texture with a color that would please you.
* Cedar is a porous and light type of wood. Due to this a high insulating value is obtained which can even absorb noise. Cedar is also an elegant and prestigious type of wood that lasts for a long time. Cedar stands up to moisture and even in resisting rot better than other woods.
* As a decking lumber, cedar compares favorably to spruce and pine. Yet the durability and strength of cedar is far better than any of the wood. Cedar made deck can be left without painting or staining; however needs periodic maintenance.
Cedar is a distinctively beautiful wood for use in decking because it provides a wide range of colors to you. It has colors ranging from pinkish shade to light amber. When it is first cut and a rich, reddish hue by the time and then it is used for decking. An attractive silver-grey color can also be obtained if it is left without staining. will give your deck a unique visual result which you and your neighbors will find it attractive and wholeheartedly approve of it. This natural, attractive wood can make any building or deck look beautiful, increase the aesthetic satisfaction you get from your property, and with or without a stain of your choosing, not to mention the market value.