Whether you’re building a deck, a play structure, storage shed, or an outdoor kitchen, none are truly useful unless they include the proper accessories. How useful is a storage shed without a door, a play structure without a slide, or an outdoor kitchen that’s missing a grill? You get the idea, and the same thing applies to decks. Some decks can get by without steps if they’re low enough to the ground, but none will realize their full potential without the right deck lighting for after-hours enjoyment.
At Toronto Decks and Fence Company, we’ve installed hundreds of decks for customers throughout the greater Toronto area, most accessorized with stylish and affordable deck lighting options.we’ve designed and installed many decks with low voltage deck lighting. Normally, halogen and other types of bulbs that use 10 watts or less of energy are considered “low wattage.” These types of lights can be operated with standard light switches, remote controls, or sensors that are activated at dusk or other low light situations.
Here are some of the lighting types to choose from:
- Solar powered LED lights – A popular trend right now, especially with eco-friendly customers, are solar powered LED lights that come in a variety of configurations, including recessed, post cap, on the deck steps, or anywhere else the customers feels they would be most useful. Best of all, they only take four hours to charge but can provide more than a dozen hours of deck lighting – all without the hassle of wires routed to a power source. Remote control units are also available for most deck lighting systems.
- Post Base lighting – Homeowners can also opt for post base lighting, which are normally recessed and installed at the base of a deck post. This is a type of deck lighting that is subtle, yet stylish because it blends into the post and doesn’t draw attention to itself by being at eye level, for instance.
- Post cap lighting – Post cap lighting is a kind of deck lighting that is installed around the perimeter of the deck on the top of the post, thereby providing illumination at a higher level. There are hundreds of styles to choose from, as well as different types including standard electric, low wattage, and solar powered models.
- Deck Stairs lights – Many of our customers are choosing deck step lights that are integrated into the deck steps, thereby providing a clearly illuminated path onto or off the deck without the danger of not seeing the next step.
- Landscaping & Pathway lighting – We also provide custom landscaping services and have installed stylish pathway or landscape lighting to add a dash of flair to any deck project. These can be placed near existing paths, as well as vegetation, flower beds, or trees.
One other aspect to remember when considering deck lighting is safety and security. if done properly, deck lighting or other outdoor lighting can increase your safety and security throughout the backyard.
Whatever the reasons are for your lighting you must first pick up the phone and call 416-238-2589! invite us fo a free, no-obligation consultation where we can learn about your needs and give you an honest and accurate quote that will reflect your work.