Classic glass railings offer safety while preserving the view from any deck or other raised surface. Many home and business owners in the Greater Toronto Area choose them because they’re stylish, unique, and can last for years with proper care and maintenance. Toronto Decks and Fence Company has installed hundreds of glass railings over the years, and we regularly field questions from existing and potential customers about their many benefits.
Wondering how glass railings can be integrated with your existing deck? Concerned about whether they’re safe or easily breakable? If you have specific questions, give us a call or contact us online. In the mean time, please review below for the questions we get most often about glass railings:
- Do all of your glass railings meet or exceed local building codes? Yes. Each of the glass railings we design and install meet or exceed building codes for all municipalities within the Greater Toronto Area.
- Can glass railings be customized? Of course. One of our expert designers will work with you to ensure your requirements are met, which may include artistic shapes and designs within the glass, including logos and lettering or other features.
- Will my glass railings move after being installed? Ideally, no. Our installers make sure all glass railings are secured with special glue, making them impervious to normal bumps or other minor impacts. If your glass railings move for any reason after installation, this is mostly likely a defect with the product itself and we will contact the manufacturer on your behalf to resolve the situation.
- How do I clean my glass railings? These types of railings can be cleaned the same way you would nearly any other glass surface, with warm, soapy water, or commercial cleaning products. Excess moisture can be removed using a squeegee, soft towel, or even a cheese cloth. Scouring pads or other harsh abrasives should never be used on glass railings.
- What if my glass railings are cracked or otherwise damaged after installation? In most cases where damage occurs that isn’t the result of the installation process or product defects, we advise customers to call their insurance company to see if they’re covered by their homeowner’s policy. If so, we’d be happy to work with you on installing replacement glass railings.
Finally, Glass railings can be an elegant addition to any deck or other raised surface, but need to be treated with respect. Glass can be fragile, and if it cracks or otherwise breaks, the potential for injury is great, so take care when around it. Also, in recent years we have come to see several buildings around Toronto, high rise buildings with glass railings that came off their casing and fell to the street. it is important to know that glass railings construction is not without risks and that the extreme temperatures we see in the greater Toronto area can contribute to the loosening of the product through the natural expansion of glass.
Toronto decks and fence company will be happy to arrive at your house and see your existing deck and show you some of our recent glass railings installation. call us today 416-238-2589!